Thursday, January 7, 2010

Raisin filled cookie recipes?

We used to make raisin filled cookies when I was a kid, we used a meat grinder to ground up the raisins. I have a very small food processor, do you think that would work the same, or would I be better off just boiling the raisins and using whole ones? I've used a blender before but that does not work. I won't tear up the food processor too, will I?Raisin filled cookie recipes?
If it were me, I'd probably just chop them up on my cutting board and then boiling them. The food processor would probably just gum up like the blender did.





Raisin cookies are soooo good!Raisin filled cookie recipes?
APPLESAUCE RAISIN COOKIES





Ingredients





* 1/4 cup butter


* 1/4 cup shortening


* 1 cup sugar


* 1 egg


* 2 cups flour


* 1/2 teasp. salt


* 1/2 teasp baking powder


* 1/2 teasp. baking soda


* 1 1/2 teasp. cinnamon


* 1/4 teasp. nutmeg


* 1/4 teasp. cloves


* 1 cup applesauce


* 1 cup raisins


* 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped








Directions





1. mix butter, shortening, sugar until light. add egg and mix well


2. in separate bowl: mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. mix well


3. add flour mixture alternately with the applesauce to the butter mixture


4. stir in the nuts and raisins


5. put spoonfuls on a lightly greased cookie sheet


6. bake at 350' for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned.
Definately use the food processor. It will be moister as a filling and not watered down by boiling.





Just do a small amount at a time. I have a regular sized processor and put a cup of raisins in.
wat about boiled rasin cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment